Wednesday 30 December 2020

Ridley Scott on Raised by Wolves

If you haven’t already seen Raised by Wolves, the action packed sci-fi thriller now streaming on HBO Max, you’re missing out. While reviews were mixed, based in part on the fact that the season had multiple directors and scriptwriters leading to a lack of cohesive storytelling, it’s still some quality television that’s often reminiscent of sci-fi classics like Alien. And there’s good reason for that, as Ridley Scott has been heavily involved on the project, and even directed the first two episodes.

“I was doing a film called The Last Duel, so I had to move on. I would definitely go back,” said Scott in an interview with Forbes, hoping for a second season. “The scripts that Aaron Guzikowski wrote were an inspiration. I would be one of the producers on it anyway because my company, Scott Free Productions, is behind it, but I read the show and thought, ‘Oh my God. This is great.’ I act very intuitively, and I thought I must do one but then said I’d do two. I stayed with it afterward, in post-production, because I’m a chronic grader, so I kept my hands on all the way through.”

Guzikowski added: “This was the dream. Something this big, it’s totally execution dependent. I was thrilled that we ended up at Ridley’s company but to have him executive producing, but then he decided to direct two episodes. It was a huge relief. You hope for that, but you don’t know if that will ever happen. Raised by Wolves is hugely ambitious. It requires a lot of thinking outside of the box. You need a huge amount of experience to pull off the kind of thing we are doing, and then the time you have to do it all? I couldn’t have hoped for a better situation.”

Details have yet to be announced for a second season, but the show holds much promise, so we expect those details to be announced soon.

Looking for some thrilling reads? Visit our online library at Plotlens for a wide variety of ebooks, audiobooks, music, and more. Accessible anytime, anywhere, from your favorite devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment